18 Oct Being “Too Sensitive” in a Callous World [TJJS:EP365]
Being “Too Sensitive”
You’re too emotional.
You take things too personally.
You overthink things.
You’re so dramatic.
You’re too sensitive.
If you’re like many people in the JJ community, it’s likely someone has said these words to you in some iteration. And, it’s likely you got the notion that being a highly sensitive or emotional person was a horrible thing to be. Many people grow up in households where being an emotionally expressive person isn’t desirable or even accepted. Maybe even shamed.
So perhaps you learned to silently berate yourself for how deeply you felt when no one else seemed to be affected. You learned to make yourself wrong and hide your sensitivity as best you could. You learned to not “burden” others with how you feel.
If this sounds a bit familiar, please know that you are most certainly not alone. In this week’s show, I discuss what it means to be a sensitive person in a world that tells you to be otherwise, how to embrace this part of yourself, and what it looks like to guard and care for your emotional self.
This pod explores:
- Understanding why you may be more sensitive than others (there are actual names for it!)
- How a sensitive spirit is actually a super-power (Even if you’ve been shamed for it)
- My favorite tools for guarding your emotional energy and avoid energy vampires
- My favorite statements to shut people down when they dismiss you as being “too sensitive”
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies.
- POD #337: 5 Ways to Figure Out Your Boundaries
- POD #242: How to Get Rid of the Takers In Your Life
- POD #356: Understanding Emotional Intelligence
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!