05 Feb Combating “All or Nothing” Thinking [TJJS:EP189]
all or nothing thinking
all or nothing thinking
If you consider yourself a recovering perfectionist, you may relate to the idea of “all or nothing” thinking… as in, you either have to work out 5 days a week for an hour each time, OR… you do nothing at all. Or maybe you find yourself slaving away on a serious work project, committed to finite details (that ultimately don’t matter) because you just could never allow someone else to do it at 80% or allow yourself to finish the project anything short of PERFECT.
Oftentimes, we make our job significantly harder not by setting lofty goals, but by the rules and criteria we make IMPERATIVE in accomplishing those goals… essentially creating the rules of “how” things must be done. It’s not just about throwing an awesome party, but rather exactly HOW that party must be executed. As in, slaving away on home-made gifts for the attendees, baking everything from scratch, and shampooing your carpet… all by yourself, until the middle of the night, and lashing out at your spouse who just doesn’t “get it”. Um… so yeah, I know a bit about this process. [embarrassed-face emoji]
If this sounds eerily familiar, have a listen to this episode where I teach you how to figure out when your ambitions are serving you and when they are making your life miserable. You’ll learn a 4-step process to evaluate your own behavior and start shifting your mental conversation in order to create much more peace and relief. #yesplease
This pod explores:
- The common over-achieving, perfectionist pull to set the bar impossibly high and what to do about it.
- How to craft a name for this behavior so you can catch yourself in the middle of a disempowering “all or nothing” spiral
- The way you sell yourself short by only have two options: all in or all out
- The perfect go-to mantra you’ll need to encourage yourself through the process
EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
THE SELF LOVE REVOLUTION: THE MASTER’S COURSE RETREAT #IRL
Join me and my bestie for our very first Self-Love Retreat happening in May 2017!
Space is extremely limited as only 20 spots are/were available. We will be taking a small army of women to a #gorge boutique hotel in Asheville, North Carolina to discuss all things self-love during a luxe (and all-inclusive… HELLO!) weekend away.
We will be teaching our signature Master’s Course curriculum which covers re-routing your self-talk, changing your relationship to your self-worth (hello, Enoughness!), how to forgive yourself for past mistakes, and how to navigate uncomfortable emotions.
Want the specifics? Of course you do. Simply swing by this page or click the image above to see if it’s just the ass kickin’ you need!
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!