26 Aug Accepting Help from Others: Why You Need to + How to Start [TJJS:EP268]
Accepting Help From Others
accepting help from others
You don’t want to put anyone out. You don’t want to be a burden. You’re afraid you’d be asking too much. So you stay quiet. You muscle through. You do everything on your own. Which usually means a constant state of stress, overwhelm, and crankiness is your daily reality. I mean… That’s what a strong person does, right? Just handles it all on their own?
A strong person is brave. Courageous.
And bravery is asking for help when you mutha-fuckin need it.
But, that’s most certainly not what we’ve been taught all our lives, amiright!? We’re taught to not “rock the boat” or “put anyone out” so god-forbid you actually ASK for help moving your shit into storage or ASK for help from your bestie who has already offered to watch your kids so you can finally have a date with your love.
In this week’s show, I discuss 4 reasons why you absolutely MUST start asking for and accepting help from others. So, if you think you’ve got all this shit covered on your own, guess again. I also share 4 different steps you can take to actually start asking for help in ways that seem a bit more safe and not so damn scary.
This pod explores:
- How accepting help from others relates to manifesting shit you want in your life
- How to know WHO to ask for help and who you must NOT lean on
- How you can actually improve your sense of worthiness (or ‘enoughness’) by allowing help from others
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY VIP LIST!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
WANNA BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE NEXT DDD IS OPEN FOR REG?
OF COURSE, YOU DO!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Get on the Deep, Down + Dirty VIP list!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- POD #112 – 5 Steps to Finding Dope-ass Friendships
- POD #243 – How to Get Rid of the ‘Takers’ in Your Life
- POD #254 – How to Apologize with Grace + Kindness
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!