09 Aug 6 WAYS TO START SPEAKING UP FOR YOURSELF [TJJS:EP357]
speaking up for yourself
Ever find yourself replaying a scenario or conversation of the past (like, yesterday) and wishing you would have said something different? And maybe you ruminate on it and hash out a completely new dialogue that only leaves you feeling pissed off that you didn’t speak up to begin with? Or maybe you find yourself super confident speaking up in your workplace, but you have a hellova time with your family… or spouse… or bestie.
Some of us would never “identify” as people-pleasers, but truth be told, there are numerous times when we bite our tongues out of fear of what others may think. Or the awkward-ass conversation that may follow suit. If you find yourself constantly complaining about shit your partner does, or are constantly frustrated with the behavior of Susan in Accounting, but you have yet to speak up, this pod is going to be your jam.
Whether you’re caught off-guard, need to deliver a stern boundary, or need to engage in a deep, tough conversation with someone, this pod will help you navigate your next steps. Keep in mind that when you constantly choose to stay silent, you are also choosing that everyone else’s thoughts, opinions, and needs are more important than your own. And you are far to dope for that.
This pod explores:
- How to figure out the exact places where you need to start using your voice
- How to figure out what specific “type” of speaking up situation you are in
- My foolproof strategy to walk into tough interactions like a badass
- The way our lizard brain tries to keep us “safe” by staying silent
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- Grab your seat at my workshop!! FOR FREE!!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- Anti-Racism Education Series – I am planning on creating a special series with anti-racism activists and leaders to better educate our community on steps we can take in order to be better and do better. Let me know where you have been feeling stuck, what knowledge you are hungry for, and what topics you are interested in.
- POD #304 – Dealing with Confrontation (When You Hate Confrontation)
- POD #337 – 5 Ways to Figure Out Your Boundaries
- POD #227 – “NO”vember: How to Say “NO” (And Not Feel Guilty)
- POD #157 How-the-Hell to Speak Up For Yourself
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!