18 Mar 5 Super Common Relationship Myths [TJJS:EP245]
common relationship myths
Ever think, “Jesus! How can my partner NOT know how much that means to me?!” or perhaps while the two of you are arguing you think, “How on earth does that shit makes sense? Clearly, I’m right about this.” Or how about wanting to share how you really feel about her family, but you think, “There’s no way I could tell her that… it would destroy her!”
If any of these thoughts rush in and out of your mind, you are totally normal. And… without knowing it you may be inadvertently buying into lies you tell yourself about your relationship… well, the lies much of our society tells us about relationships, amiright!? Before you start beating yourself up… There’s a strong chance you have NO idea that you’ve been lying to yourself or rather, totally listening to your inner shit-talker.
In this week’s episode, I discuss 5 major relationship myths that often keep us locked into blame and inaction in our relationships and how it arrests us from having the intimacy we truly desire. Have a listen and learn how to catch these myths and change your approach in your relationship… so you can actually LOVE your love.
This pod explores:
- How you get stuck in the “shoulds” of your relationship
- Why you assume your partner is a mind-reader (I mean… he should totally know that… right!?)
- How you may be causing a total stand-off with your mate and not even realize it
- What to say instead of “You always…” or “You never…”
YOU ON THE RELATIONSHIP COURSE VIP LIST YET?
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome#
Be the FIRST to hear about the extra discounts, bonuses, and secret offers!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
- GET ON THE VIP LIST for the brand-new relationship course coming in April!
- Join the After Hours Club: Join the rest of the pod-iance in our secret pod peep group for weekly discussions, extra trainings, and tons of freebies
- John and Julie Gottman of The Gottman Institute
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!