13 May 25 Ways to Be a Badass
Alright, so if you’ve been hangin’ with me long enough, it’s probably fairly clear that I have zero interest in being vanilla. Or soft-spoken. Or politically correct. Or censored. Why?
Because I consider myself a badass.
So, what do I really mean by that? That I’m dangerous? That I ride in a biker gang? That I might cause someone some physical harm? No.
Badass to me means one thing… I really, truly, honestly, love the woman that I am.
And by loving myself as honestly and whole-heartedly as I can, I hope to show others out there that it is possible. Possible to really love you. All of you. Even the work-in-progress you. It’s possible to be a total and complete badass and still be super kind, loving, and graceful. So, I thought… wouldn’t it be super to helpful to know some simple ways that you could immediately up your badass factor? Of course it would. So here it is. Get ready to tap into that inner animal and OWN the magnificent person that you are.
Do one or do them all, but for fuck’s sake, do something. You deserve it.
- Start saying no to shit you don’t want to do. And be really kind when doing so.
- When you’re scared to do something, do it anyway. Then celebrate.
- Write out all of the things you will not tolerate in a partnership.
- Write out all the things you desire in a partnership.
- Look people in the eye when you speak to them.
- Take care of your physical body. Take pride in your spirit vehicle.
- Hang out with other badasses. And stop hanging out with people who make you feel like shit.
- Establish what boundaries are for you and stick to them.
- Be controversial. But only if you really believe in what you are saying.
- Wear something that is a little out of your box.
- Do things that are out of your box.
- Work on you. Take classes. Read books. Attend seminars. Hire coaches. Learn. Grow.
- Stop apologizing. Unless you’ve made a mess. Other than that, knock-it-the-fuck-off.
- Say what you need. With kindness.
- Start to hone the skill of really, honestly listening to your intuition.
- Speak your truth. Even if it’s unpopular.
- Tell others how much they mean to you. Even if it makes you uncomfortable.
- Put in your order with the Universe. Fiercely. Then take inspired action.
- Play. Seriously, right now, decide when the next time is that you are going to play. For fun.
- Consciously choose your attitude. And theme for each day. And happiness.
- Tap into/nurture your spirituality.
- Know that other’s opinion of you is not your responsibility.
- Ask yourself what you need to do and who you need to be in order to really be proud of yourself.
- Begin really valuing your time and energy.
- Write out I AM A BADASS in a place you will see it every day to remind you to take your badassedness seriously.