Dealing with family guilt trips is possibly one of the toughest challenges we face in our inter-personal relationships. For many of us, we are simply wired to NOT want to disappoint our parents and finding yourself in conflict with them can be paralyzing and terrifying at best. So, the good news: If you can relate to this listener’s tale, you’re totally normal. The bad news: You’re probably going to have to start speaking up for yourself and establishing boundaries. Kindly. And graciously. That is, if you want anything to change.
In this episode, I explore why you may feel compelled to stay silent with your parental relationships, what you can do to combat massive guilt trips, and how to know what IS your shit and what is actually NOT your shit. Your parents not agreeing with you (or approving of you) actually doesn’t have to be the end of the world. Promise.
This pod explores:
- How to actually get “comfortable” with guilt WITHOUT being motivated by it (as in, NOT just saying and doing everything you think will please them)
- Why you feel pulled to please your parents to begin with
- How to separate what is their responsibility and what is your responsibility
- How to shut down offensive and toxic conversations without losing your shit
INTERESTED IN DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re serious about creating lasting and powerful change in your life, I urge you to read all about Deep, Down + Dirty and see if it’s just the ass kicking you may be needing.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get aaaaaall the info. #yourewelcome
NEW *FREE* WORKSHOP
READY TO GET RID OF PERFECTIONISM, SELF-DOUBT, AND OVERWHELM?
OF COURSE, YOU ARE!
If you’re DONE feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and stressed out because you’re constantly doing, doing, doing for everyone else, then you must grab your seat in this brand-new workshop! You’ll learn the exact five-step process I take my clients through so they can let go of all the stress and angst of striving for “perfect” and caring waaaaay too much what everyone else thinks.
It’s time to finally believe in yourself, find that self-confidence you crave, and start living your life for YOU. So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to get on The List! #yourewelcome
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you’ve been diggin’ the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, training vids, discussions, coupon codes, behind the scenes and advice from moi! Plus, it’s #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Pod #153 – What it Really Means to Establish Boundaries
- Pod #155 – Making Friends with Fear + Other Uncomfortable Emotions
- Pod #162 – The Pain Involved with Standing Up for Yourself
- Pod #133 – When Grace + Kindness Don’t Work
How to Leave Apple Podcasts Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on Apple Podcasts” button below or go HERE
- Click on blue button that reads “view in Apple Podcasts” which will open the podcast into your personal Apple Podcasts account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!