09 Oct Vulnerability: Why It’s Scary as Shit, Why You Need It, and Where to Start [TJJS:EP172]
It’s hard to be vulnerable
It’s hard to be vulnerable
Ever find yourself desiring deep, rich connections with your partner or your friends and family but have a hellova time letting your guard down? Maybe you even find yourself craving deep intimacy but you’re absolutely terrified to really “be seen”. I mean, isn’t it just safer to stay walled up? Well… if the other party was vulnerable first… maybe then it would be safe. Maybe. Why is it so damn hard to be vulnerable?
If you’ve found your mind spinning with the same questions, you are certainly not the exception. Many of us crave rich, soulful connections with our loved ones, but we’re absolutely paralyzed by fear of being vulnerable. So we put up massive walls, don’t let people in, and then wonder why we don’t have intimacy.
In this episode, I dig into the detrimental notions we’re inundated with in our culture, how it sends major mixed messages about vulnerability, and why you need to drastically change the narrative if you want to experience intimacy in your relationships. And guess what? You get to take as many baby steps as you need to feel safe. Promise.
This pod explores:
- How our society shapes our views of safety in relationships
- Challenging the notion that vulnerability equals weakness, when in reality vulnerability equals courage
- My three-step system to gradually and lovingly step into vulnerability (without feeling like you might die)
- The cost of not allowing room for vulnerability in your life
TWO 1-on-1 COACHING SPOTS AVAILABLE!
DEEP, DOWN + DIRTY COACHING INTENSIVE WITH AMY
This program is about speaking up for yourself when you have always been silent. It’s about BELIEVING in your worth… and actually creating your own worthiness. It’s about setting boundaries and learning to say “No” to shit that doesn’t serve you. It’s about creating a new relationship with fear so that you are no longer paralyzed, but rather operate from courage and confidence. It’s the ability to be criticized and rejected and NOT be destroyed by it. It’s learning to let go of everyone else’s opinions and making what YOU want important.
And, it’s about figuring out what really makes you YOU.
Want the specifics? Of course you do. Simply swing by this page or click the image above to see if it’s just the ass kickin’ you need!
- Pod #171 – Is it Ever Okay to NOT Be Honest?
- Pod #149 – How We’ve Kept Our Love Alive for Nearly Two Decades, Part 1
- Pod #150 – How We’ve Kept Our Love Alive for Nearly Two Decades, Part 2
- Working Through Emotional Barriers Video – Martial Arts Studio teaching young boys to be okay with their emotions while attacking tough obstacles in life (tears will happen, just FYI)
- More Cowbell Sketch from Saturday Night Live featuring Christopher Walken and Will Ferrell (one of our favs of all time)
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!