11 Sep 4 Things You Must Stop Lying About + What to Say Instead [TJJS:EP168]
Speak up for yourself
Speak up for yourself
We all want to consider ourselves honest people, but when it comes down to it, we spend quite a bit of time avoiding, fibbing, and sugar-coating our true thoughts and feelings out of fear of what others may think or say. Don’t get me wrong-I don’t think for one minute you’re intentionally lying to everyone (or to yourself), but more often than not, you’ve bought into the fallacy that you must take care of everyone’s response which may leave you less than truthful.
The first item of business is shining a light on where you may be skipping the truth in order to “not rock the boat”. After all, you don’t know what you don’t know. And keep in mind that you can speak your truth, no matter how polarizing, with the utmost grace and kindness. In this episode, I look at four super common ways we tend to lie our faces off… both to others and to ourselves. If you struggle with how to speak up for yourself and often tell a little fib instead, you’ll want to tune in. Have a little listen and see if there is room for you to be a bit more honest.
This pod explores:
- Why we tend to lie when people request things of us (Because… I mean, you just could never let them down!!!)
- Why saying “nothing is wrong” is like saying “what I’m feeling doesn’t matter” and what to say instead
- How you have been lying to yourself about your worthiness and how to switch it up
- My favorite tool to identify just how much power you really have
4 EASY WAYS TO IMMEDIATELY SILENCE YOUR INNER SHIT-TALKER
- How to actually feel like “enough”… I mean, how on earth!?
- How to stop your inner shit-talker dead in her tracks and have rock-solid tools to change that inner narrative (you know the one… that incessant mind chatter… UGH)
- How to stop sabotaging yourself with the need to be “perfect” (yes, YOU!)
- How to actually craft empowering mantras that don’t feel like a bullshit lie (It’s totally possible and I’ll show you my go-to formula!)
You in? Of course you are! Simply swing by this page or click the image above to secure your seat!
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!