17 Jul 5 Lies You Tell Yourself About Making Others Happy [TJJS:EP160]
Want in on the FREE People-Pleasing Workshop
Making Everyone Happy
Making everyone happy
Ever feel like if you tell someone you aren’t available to help them/do something for them, then you are totally letting them down? (And subsequently find yourself riddled with guilt?) Ever feel like you are soooo busy doing everything for everyone else that you have little, if any, time for yourself? Or have you ever felt that if you actually say NO to someone and choose to put yourself first, that you’d be a “total asshole”?
If those thoughts have run through your mind, congrats… you’re totally normal. But, I’m guessing that way of operating isn’t really leaving you super fulfilled, happy, and full of confidence and a sense of self-worth, amiright? [In my oh-so-humble opinion] we’ve been inundated with faulty messaging about what is “polite”, what is “being rude”, and what is “letting others down”. I believe the only way we can be super impactful with those we love, is to actually take care of ourselves… first. Seriously. Fucking FIRST. If you struggle in this category (again, you totally aren’t alone) have a listen to this episode where I dispel some super common myths about making everyone happy.
This pod explores:
- The huge LIE you have probably bought into without even knowing it
- Why putting yourself first is the most UNselfish thing you could do
- How to take care of yourself, communicate that with others, and NOT feel like an asshole
- Why putting everyone else first is a huge indicator of how you really value/don’t value yourself
4 WAYS PEOPLE-PLEASING IS DESTROYING YOUR HAPPINESS:
WHY PUTTING EVERYONE ELSE FIRST IS STEALING YOUR JOY + WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT (WITHOUT BEING AN ASSHOLE)
- How to stop talking shit to yourself: You may not realize it, but the way you speak to yourself has you CONVINCED that you have to do everything for everyone. (Like, “If I don’t work late, then my boss will think I’m a dick… and god, I don’t want to be a dick!”)
- How to stop taking responsibility for everyone else’s
happinessshit: I’m going to teach you the biggest GAME-CHANGER in shifting the belief that you have to make everyone else happy. (As in, you’ll stop saying “Sure! I’ll bake 400 hundred cupcakes for my kid’s class by tomorrow” even though you’re so fucking exhausted you can’t see straight.)
- How to actually feel like “enough”: Ever feel like you’re “not smart enough”, “not pretty enough”, “not young enough” – Just fucking NOT ENOUGH? We’re going to knock that shit off. For reals.
- How to let go of what everyone else thinks:You’ll learn my favorite strategy for letting go of what everyone else thinks and start taking care of yourself. #yesplease
You in? Of course you are! Simply swing by this page or click the image above to secure your seat!
- 4 Reasons Why Selfish is the New Black – Episode #98
- Making Friends with Fear and Other Uncomfortable Emotions – Episode #155
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!