10 Jul How to Stop Sabotaging Yourself [TJJS:EP159]
Many years ago, I had a discussion with my coach which started out with me bitching and complaining about how unhappy I had been in my life lately. After working through a handful of things, I became SUPER clear that my day in and day out life wasn’t reflective of the things I knew brought me joy and happiness. I wasn’t taking care of my health, wasn’t meditating, wasn’t connecting with like-minded spirits, wasn’t involved in creative projects… so NO WONDER I had hit a rough patch!
Was it that I didn’t know what would help me feel better? Nope. That was just the prob. I totally knew what lit me up, I was just not doing any of those things. I was involved in full-on self-sabotage and I had NO idea I was even doing it!
Perhaps you can relate? Maybe you want to embark on a new career, but instead of researching, you zone out on some rando’s vacation pics on Facebook. Or maybe you want to get healthier, but you continue to hang out with people who make it #supes challenging to go for the kale over the burger. If you’re like most people, chances are you consistently get in your own way and have perpetual non-cohesiveness between what you SAY you want and what you actually DO.
In this episode, I untangle what-the-hell self-sabotage even is, why we do it (even without knowing it), and exactly what you can do about it (like, today!). Be sure to grab your cheatsheet [points to yellow button above] and get ready to make some shit happen.
This pod explores:
- How our fear is directly related to our self-sabotaging behavior and the question that will get you to the root of your fear
- The three main areas of your life you need to examine and alter to seriously set yourself up for success
- How to figure out a game plan for the things you need to keep, stop, and start in your daily routine
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Pods focused on Fear:
- Pods focused on the Inner Critic:
- Dolphin training clip of Jim Carrey from Ace Venture: Pet Detective
- Youtube sensation, Sweet Brown, discussing her harrowing experience with a neighborhood fire
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!