17 Jan How to Accept a Compliment [TJJS:EP135]
How to accept a compliment
How to accept a compliment
Tell me if this sounds familiar: You walk into work and someone gives you a lovely compliment about your hair or your outfit or your work on a project and the first thing you say is something to the effect of, “Oh, this? OMG, I was running so late today and my hair looks horrible! It wouldn’t do anything I wanted it to!” In essence, you try to talk the person out of giving you a compliment. Or maybe you make up that if you actually just said “thank you”, then you would clearly be a cocky asshole?
If any of that sounds familiar, you are most certainly in the majority. Due to multiple factors in our lives, we oftentimes have a tough time simply accepting the lovely compliments that come our way. In this episode, I address a listener submission on this topic and elaborate on 5 steps you can take to re-frame how you look at compliments from others… without feeling like a cocky asshole.
This pod explores:
- My favorite metaphor for compliments and kindness from others
- How to figure out what you are making compliments MEAN and how that is related to your self-worth
- What we usually do when someone compliments us, why we do it, and how to change it
- How to create a new relationship with compliments that feels freeing and awesome instead of uncomfortable and stifling
- How to Stop Talking Shit to Yourself – Pod #131 mentioned in this episode
“All You Need is Love” is Bullshit
#JJSwag AVAILABLE THIS WEEK!
I’m SOOOOOO excited to announce that this Thursday, January 21st, 2016, a lovely collection of Joy Junkie Merch will be available for you to amplify your badassery! You’ll be able to grab slick mugs, tote bags, tank tops, and much more with some memorable Joy Junkie phrases! Be sure to grab your FREE eWorkbook so that you will be on my mailing list and will be the absolute FIRST to know when the goods are available and get first dibs on all designs and coupon codes! The much-anticipated Grace + Kindness necklace will be making it’s debut as well! Don’t miss it!
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!