20 Dec How to Stop Talking Shit to Yourself [TJJS:EP131]
How to Stop Talking Shit to Yourself
Ever find yourself getting super pumped up about a new opportunity and all of sudden BAM! That little voice creeps in telling you why it’s going to be a total disaster, why you are sooooo not smart enough, why everyone else is surely going to figure out what a fraud you are, or simply that you just do not deserve such an opportunity? If any of that sounds waaaaaay too familiar, don’t panic! You’re super normal and this inner mind battle is something we ALL struggle with and there are some very practical ways to get a grip on this serious mind fuck.
Although the personal development community refers to this little voice as everything from The Ego to Inner Critic to The Saboteur, I personally resonate with the idea of an Inner Shit-Talker. That small piece of you who gets terrified of change, what others will think of you, and the always present attachment to “not enough”. In this episode, you’ll learn all about how to catch your IST red-handed, find out what you would RATHER be saying to yourself, and learn to empower your mind with self-talk that actually feels good. (As opposed to depressing and shitty.)
This pod explores:
- Why much of what you say to yourself is actually bullshit
- How to “catch” your Inner Shit-Talker and what common language to listen for
- How to build positive mantras you can actually buy into without feeling like a big ‘ol liar
- How to speak to yourself in a positive voice so you can stop feeling like shit
Why Your Truth is Bullshit Video mentioned in this episode.
ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT!! Want to meet me in Mexico? Of course you do! Go HERE or click the image to the right to learn all about the Tanning, Tacos, and Transformation Retreat mentioned in this episode. Um… Margueritas AND transformation, plus hang with me and two of my besties? Yes please.
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!