11 Oct When Someone You Love is ALWAYS a Victim [TJJS:EP121]
Ever have those people in your life who tend to always be a victim? They usually have no shortage of complaints but when you suggest a solution, they quickly declare that they really don’t have a choice in the matter. Maybe it’s your mom or your bestie or your co-worker and you genuinely love them, but you would be over-the-fucking-moon if they let go of their martyrdom.
And you (#obvi) are totally into personal development, and stepping into your power and all that which makes this behavior waaaaay more painful to watch, yet you have NO IDEA how to approach this issue. How to do tell your mom that you think she’s putting up a defense and acting like a guilt-hurling victim? How do you tell your bestie that she doesn’t have to always put up a front and act like she’s “soooo overwhelmed” and in “such high-demand all the time”, and “whoaaaaa is me!!!” You know what I’m talking about. In this episode, I share 4 different conversation strategies in broaching this sticky issue. I also address what to do if they decide to stay locked into riding the whoa-is-me-victim-train. Have a listen.
This pod explores:
- How to use compassion (even if you totally don’t feel like it)
- How to figure out if you’re branding them as a victim… or if they really are
- My 4 favorite ways to broach tough conversations
- How to stand in self-care if this person never changes
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to https://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes