01 Jan True or False: Managing Your Inner Critic Edition [TJJS:EP184]
managing your inner critic
managing your inner critic
If you’ve been involved in personal development or self-help for awhile, surely you have come into some conflicting information around managing your inner critic, what that actually means, and how to really do it. Although it’s #amaze that there are so many people spreading positive messages out there, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t some seriously problematic ideas being conveyed about what it means to “successfully” contend with your inner voice.
If you’ve seen memes floating around Facebook or Insta telling you to just love and accept yourself and speaking kindly to yourself and all your problems will magically disappear, honey you are not alone. And, it can feel downright discouraging and defeating when you actually DO start speaking kindly to yourself and the heavens don’t part and make way for unicorns giving out ice cream. In this episode, I thought it would be fun to do a little game of True or False with Mr. Smith to see if I’ve been accurately painting a realistic picture of what it really looks like to manage an inner critic on the regs.
Have a listen, play along, and see how you do on this round of seven True or False statements! You’ve got this!
This pod explores:
- The ways in which our Inner Critics communicate with us (hint: more than one, babycakes!)
- What fear has to do with our internal conversation
- How and when to use positive affirmations (this answer may surprise you!)
- The next step you need to take to get this inner voice under control
4 EASY WAYS TO IMMEDIATELY SILENCE YOUR INNER SHIT-TALKER
How to actually feel like “enough”… I mean, how on earth!?
How to stop your inner shit-talker dead in her tracks and have rock-solid tools to change that inner narrative (you know the one… that incessant mind chatter… UGH)
How to stop sabotaging yourself with the need to be “perfect” (yes, YOU!)
How to actually craft empowering mantras that don’t feel like a bullshit lie (It’s totally possible and I’ll show you my go-to formula!)
You in? Of course you are! Simply swing by this page or click the image above to secure your seat!
- Pod #183 – How to Make Epic Shit Happen in 2017
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the “Subscribe on iTunes” button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads “view in iTunes” which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click “Ratings & Reviews” under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the “Write a Review” button
- You can also click “Subscribe” under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!